![]() |
| List of 5 Best AI Code Generators in 2025 |
I think I've figured it out how this AI (Artificial Intelligence) biz got started.
I saw a short video recently. I've gone back and looked for it but no luck. In it some professor dude is talking about three kinds of people:
Those who are
- good with speaking,
- good with writing,
- good at making things.
The last one he calls talent. Being any one of these types doesn't mean you have no skill in the others, but people tend to concentrate on what they are good at.
Writing computer code takes a certain amount of talent. Writing good computer code takes talent, but it also needs some of #2, the writing, because one of the things that makes computer code 'good' is that it is intelligible to other programmers. I was going to say other people, but I suspect that to most people, even intelligent people, computer code is like an alien language. Kind of like how Japanese is to me. Anyway, 'good' code is readable by people other than the author.
There are few people who are good at writing code and at motivating other people to work for a common goal, which is what you need to succeed in business. Doesn't mean you will succeed, but you have a better chance if you have a clear direction to pursue, and that generally requires one person being in charge.
The big problem comes when you have large numbers of people working on computer programs. You have no idea who is a good programmer or not. Meanwhile, all conventional computer problems have been solved, we have libraries of code to do anything you could possibly want. All you need to do is stitch them together into a somewhat coherent whole. And that's where AI comes in. Some smarts and some money go together and said, we don't need no steenking programmers, we can just dump all these libraries in a big pot and give the machine a list of simple instructions and whamo! zhamo! A new program!


No comments:
Post a Comment