Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Graveyard: Season 3 - Netflix Series


Graveyard: Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix
Netflix

I've been trying to figure out what it is about a show the makes it enjoyable, and it's very difficult to describe. If I like a show, I'll dive in and become engrossed in the story line and won't notice anything about the production. If I don't like a show, I will sweep it from my mind, so describing what makes a show enthralling or excruciating is a bit difficult for me, but I'm gonna give it shot here.

It feels like they are trying very hard to make the show as much like a western show as possible, it feels a little rough around the edges. Most of it is very good but every so often something will happen that upsets the flow of show flowing into you. It's like a roller-coaster ride, where you are rushing by strange stuff and you are enjoying the thrill of the chase, but every so often something will happen, like your car hits bump and you say what was that? but you've already moved way beyond that so you let it slide.

What kind of things? A scene might be rushed, there is no lead in, we jump into the middle of a conversation, we hear a dozen words, and we are back out. It leaves one wondering what was that even about? Some of the bit players don't feel real, a little too wooden in movement and speech.

The entire show is basically about women's rights in half-moslem Turkey. The police have created a special unit to handle femicides and our girl has been assigned to lead it. This season has her gang fighting a well financed program of harassment and intimidation. There's also the usual family drama, I sleep through that, though in this show they are usually pretty short. In the end our girl catches the culprits and that's all that matters.

No comments: