Great story on Terry Cowan's New Notes from a Commonplace Book that starts off like this:
I read a good article in RT today.
Ahem. My how times have changed. Only three years ago, back in the bad old “rules-based international order” days, any reference to Russia Today or any other such source would have been dismissed with a snort as “Russian disinformation.” RT hasn’t changed, but in the current information age, the environment it has fostered certainly has (for good and bad). Dissident voices now have many platforms, allowing small-fries like this site to follow in their wake. The lid can no longer be contained on the Established Narrative, what I like to call That Which Must be Believed.
I've been following RT since at least 2013. Nobody I know reads them, and if the topic comes up, most people deride it, including my family, so it's really nice to hear someone else endorse them.
After the introduction, he gets to the meat of his post, which starts like this:
The story that brought this to mind is Evgeny Norin’s The ‘stab in the back’ That Wasn’t: Why Stalin sent the Red Army into Poland.
WW2, the war that keeps on giving.


No comments:
Post a Comment