Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, July 4, 2016

On the road in Cheyenne Wyoming

Cheyenne, WY, C&S overpass
We've gotten off of Interstate 80 and are driving into town and I see signal trestle over the railroad tracks that run parallel to our road. There are four sets of lights mounted on the trestle, which I suspect means there are four tracks. Not too much farther on I see this overpass (above) with a train on it. A train track crossing a train track?!?! I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before. There are bridges that carry train tracks over roads, and bridges that carry roads over train tracks, but a bridge that carries train tracks over train tracks, that's gotta be a first.
    On top of that the train on the overpass was loaded exclusively with what looked like sections of wind power pylons. I would have liked to have got a picture, but I was running on about 3 hours of sleep and pulling my camera out was beyond me.

Cheyenne Wyoming Train Overpass from Google Earth
It's a little spooky how much Google Earth knows about us. Taking a nap this afternoon I felt a series of thumps, Train going by a hundred yards away.
On a side note, a couple of blocks past this bridge there is a street called Missile Drive. Cheyenne must of been a hot bed of activity during the cold war.

No comments: