Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Hate

Umschreibung Munich, Germany
126 piece jigsaw puzzle

When I first caught a glimpse of this, I thought it might be something cool, like someone had put this sinuous staircase in a very staid, rectilinear building. Alas, such is not the case. It is a piece of sculpture. They are stairs, but they don't go anywhere.

Umschreibung Munich, Germany

I don't know why, but things like this really irritate me. Oh, I can come up with any number of rational reasons for not like liking it, like it's a stupid waste of time, materials and energy, but most of everything we do (in the developed world anyway) is that. Maybe 10% of our energy is actually used to produce what we need. The rest of it is spent on entertainment or arguing about anything and everything. But why do things like this grate on me so? I find it hard to believe that anyone gets any enjoyment out of something so monumentally stupid. I suppose some people must, otherwise it wouldn't have gotten built. Unless the sole purpose was to irritate people, and the people who funded this thing enjoy irritating people. That I could understand.

P.S. It took some digging to figure out just where this thing was. Dozens of photos of it all over the place, but most all of the writing was about what a cool picture it was. Idiots.




No comments: