Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Altwork Station

Altwork Station

This image popped up while I was looking for an image for my Keyboard Shortcuts post and I was intrigued enough to follow up. It looks like it ought to be really cool, the chair bends six ways from Sunday, and it holds your monitor and keyboard as well.

I sometimes think it would be great to have a chair that would allow me to sit up straight at my desk to get some work done, but then recline like my Lazy-Boy when I want to read or nap. Well now, someone has built one so I don't have to. Doesn't look cushy enough for naps though. Plus it costs a zillion dollars. Plus it's good get up out of your chair once in awhile, even it's only to change chairs.

The pictures on the website are too big for my screen. They have a single large image in the center and then a row of thumbnails across the bottom. Problem is they have a big header across the top of the page so I can't see the whole image AND the thumbnails, which means looking at all the pictures means scrolling up and down, down to access a thumbnail and up to view the image. Arrow keys do nothing. You can use Ctrl-- to reduce the image, but I had to go down to 75% before I could see the whole image and that made it smaller than it is here.

Then I thought what I really want is a video of this thing in action, and YouTube provides:


The GOD-TIER Computer Chair
Linus Tech Tips

I do not like the pink hat. I don't understand people who wear knit caps when they are not outside in freezing weather. I wear them when I am outside and it's cold, but he's inside, in an office. I don't see any icicles or blue fingers. Why he is wearing that stupid hat? And why does it have to be pink? Gah. I hate it. Whatever. He does do a competent review. I'm a bit stove up, but I'm not nearly stove up enough to need one of these things. 

1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Nope, I'd just get all comfy and settled in then have to get up.
I can ignore the doorbell.
I can ignore the phone.
I can not ignore the prostate.