Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Dark Star by Alan Furst

I've started reading Dark Star by Alan Furst. On page 30 he mentions some books:

  • 'Dobrilov's lovely essays on noble estates,'
  • Ivan Krug's Poems at Harvest
  • 'Gletkhin's tales of travel among the Khivani,'
  • Pushkin
  • Letters from a Distant VIllage a collection by Churnensky
I've heard of Pushkin, but that's all I recognize in this list. Maybe someday I'll come back and investigate these books. Meanwhile, it's here where I can find it. If I don't make notes as I go along it is almost impossible to find anything I want to find later on.

3 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

I prefer "Dark Star" performed by Grateful Dead, from the movie of the same name :-)

xoxoxoBruce said...

My buddy takes a picture with his phone rather than copy things like that.
Seems to me that would be as hard or harder than searching for notes.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Stu - The movie is one of my favorites, the tune? I dunno.
Bruce - I do that sometimes, but getting a clear image is sometimes problematic, and then you might want to crop it or otherwise fool with it. Sometimes typing is just easier.