Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 8, 2021

BOEING 777-300 Five Miles High

Emirates Airline Boeing 777-31H
This is Emirates Airline Flight 2627 a Boeing 777-31H Copenhagen to Columbus over Cleveland OH. 25,000 ft 500 mph making a turn south on its descent to Columbus. 9:55 am 10.04.21. This is a 1 in a 100,000 pic for me do to the ice crystals and angle of the sun. - John Tryon

I wondered what I was seeing when I first saw this photo. I mean it's kind of blurry, and if we are looking at the underside of the airplane, why is there a shadow above it? Well, a distance of five miles can account for the blurring, but the vapor / ice crystal trails above the airplane, well, that's new to me. A pretty amazing shot in any case.



No comments: