Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, August 12, 2022

Hearing Test


You *HAVE* to try this! 😨👂
MoreAliA

Quick and dirty hearing test. I came across this a few days ago but when I went to look for it I couldn't find it. I thought, no problem, I'll just run a search on YouTube, I'm sure it will turn up. I mean, how many hearing test videos are there on YouTube? It turns out there are a whole boatload of them. I looked at a few, but they were either too long or they started at the high end of the frequency spectrum which means that when they start, if your hearing is as bad as mine, you won't hear anything for a long while. And it you're an old timer like me, you will suspect that there is something wrong with the computer or your speakers or the audio track on the video. I mean, back in the day equipment was flakey and whenever you needed to do something different there was inevitably a glitch that had to be straightened out. Nowadays things just work. Weird, man, but I still don't trust it. Anyway, finally did a search on my YouTube history and this video popped right up.

The first time I listened to it I wondered if there wasn't some kind of problem because the way the sound cut off all of a sudden. Could that be right? But I tried another another video on another computer with my wife and got the same results. My hearing cuts off right around 8,000 Hz, hers goes away around 12,000 Hz. People who say they can hear higher frequencies are lying. There are no higher frequencies - they don't exist.

No comments: