Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Rational Prepping

In the show Long Way Round, Scottish actor Ewan McGregor and relative nobody Charley Boorman (and a cameraman) rode motorcycles from London to New York.

Adaptive Curmudgeon is preparing for what's coming down the pike:

I haven’t written much about my Quixotic initiative to “get my mechanical shit together”. I’m still working at it.

I don’t like pro-actively fixing things that aren’t 100% fully dead! I prefer to use my equipment ruthlessly until it’s very worn out. When a machine finally gives up the ghost I don’t immediately replace it. I go without for as long as I can.

This year is different. Reluctantly, and with a tear in my eye, I’ve pried my wallet open and bled money to fix shit like there’s no tomorrow.

There’s a reason for this, in the Bidenverse there is no tomorrow. I mean that rationally. Don’t wait for tomorrow because nothing will be cheaper and more convenient tomorrow than it is today. Conditions like 2019 won’t recur for years or decades if at all; so don’t wait for them. You’re in “the good old days” right fucking now! For the next few years the time to do things is immediately and the time to build your savings has passed. (As always, show moderation.)

It’s a fact, or at least a reasoned projection, that shit will cost more in the future. That’s the exact definition of inflation.

Adapative's story explains the connection between inflation and the picture.

No comments: