Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 22, 2024

Blackwing Pencil


Why This Cult ‘$40 Pencil’ Almost Went Extinct | WSJ Coveted
WSJ. Style

I'm not going to buy a box of Blackwing Pencils, I have a box of Ticonderoga Pencils that work perfectly well. Well, I used to have a box full, but I just checked and there's only four pencils left in a box that held twelve. Somebody has been eating my pencils! I keep one in the pencil cup on my desk. I mostly use it for working on the Connections puzzle. I also use it when working on math problems. This one pencil will last for months if not years.

We got a batch of cheap pencils a while back and they worked pretty well, but every now and again you would run into some kind of grit in the lead and it would quit writing. Resharpening it usually removed the grit. It was very annoying when it happened, so I can see how someone who used pencils a lot might be particular about the look and feel.

In any case it's very cool that these guys were able to resurrect these pencils.


No comments: