Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 22, 2024

Romanian Steam Punk


#VEVOR Manual Die Cutter - Tool Review
DieselpunkRo

I dunno if he is Romanian, but his channel name has the suffix 'Ro' and he sounds vaguely east European, so I'm gonna call him Romanian. I really like this video, the whole presentation, the costuming, the audio and visual explanations. I mean, you gotta give the guy credit for how well this video is put together. His English is a little rough, but his choice of music is out of this world. (Starts just after the four minute mark.) This is like a real-life Age of Aquarius world. Kind of like Blackwing Pencils.

How'd we get here?  Glad you asked. I'll be a-tellin' you how, jess you listen now. IAman asked me about some Winslow Homer prints our parents had hanging in our house when we were growing up. I think I've been down this rathole before, so I go rooting around in my blog archives, starting with 'prints'. Nothing jumps out at me, but I notice that a video in one of my older posts had gone missing. 

Pretty typical, With the number of old posts on this blog I wouldn't be surprised if I was losing a video a week. Why does it disappear? Because of your typical YouTube reasons: somebody made a copyright claim, the guy got crossed up with the 'authorities' and lost his license, or maybe the guy just bailed on the whole YouTube thing. Who knows? Usually the trail of bread crumbs is pretty scant, and rewards of tracking down what happened is going to be pretty much nil, so we're not going to do that, especially if we have enough clues to find another version of the same video, or something similar.

So, I notice that a video in one of my older posts had gone missing. I decide to see if I can fix this quickly so I don't have to put it on my list of stuff to be fixed, so I take a look on YouTube and down the rathole I go. Different rathole than the first rathole. This is a fork in the world of ratholes. We have entered the Die Cutter rathole. These guys are the foundation of our civilization. (Wait, didn't you say that about somebody else recently? Okay, there are many stones in the foundation and this is one of those stones.)

I find a video from six* years ago about a fancy Digital Die Cutter and I stick it in the six-year-old post that is missing its video. Are they similar? Yes. Very similar? I have no idea. The new one looks pretty dang fancy. Just check out the two (two!) lasers cutting the stuffing out of those labels.

Then I find this guy. Very straight forward, pretty bare bones, but short. Everything you need to know about this machine.


Jasdi Table Top Die Cutter
Milton Chiu

Then I found the guy at the top and decided to tell y'all all about it.

*six - I originally wrote 'size'. How does my brain translate six in brain to size in my fingers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DieselpunkRo certainly is entertaining.
thank you, xoxoxoBruce