Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Under the Weather

Under the Weather

I was feeling pretty rotten yesterday evening. I drank a couple of cans of ginger ale and I was able to get some sleep. I am feeling a little better today, not 100%, but better. The only reason I mention this is that it seems to happen every couple of months and I thought I ought to start keeping track. Yes, I could put it in my calendar, or in a separate log somewhere, but the next time it happens I would need to remember where I put that note. If everything is in this blog, then there's only one place to look for anything and that's right here, so here it is.

Coincidentally I saw the doctor yesterday for a Medicare 'wellness checkup', which mostly asks a bunch of questions like 'are you dying?' I suspect they feed this into their great computer which will chew on this data and spit out some recommendations, which the yahoos in charge will turn into some kind of political propaganda. 

They drew some blood and they will test it, but I expect that all they will find is that my potassium is low, as usual .

From The Wager by David Grann, we get this bit about the origin of the phrase 'under the weather':

(When ailing seamen were shielded belowdecks from the adverse elements outside, they were said to be "under the weather.")

 

No comments: