Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cigarette Making Machines


High Speed Cigarette Making Machine
After I wrote my last post about this, I got to wondering if there were any machines available that could automatically produce a hundred cigarettes. What I found was a bunch of hand operated devices for making a one cigarette at a time. A little more searching turned up the behemoth in the picture. It weighs 4 tons and can produce 6,000 cigarettes per minute. Who in their right mind needs 6,000 cigarettes a minute? That is like eight million cigarettes a day! Okay, to keep all the smokers in the US supplied with a pack a day, you would need a couple hundred of these machines.


Cigarette Making Machine
Then I found this machine. It looks to be more like what you would need to be able to produce a carton of smokes for customers on a regular basis. I don't know how much the machine costs, so I don't know if you could make a business out of it, but with the exorbitant taxes on cigarettes, I imagine some people will start looking into it. I think the key is to offer a custom cigarette making service. Customer brings their tobacco to the roller who performs the service of putting the customer's tobacco into cigarettes. Selling ready made cigarettes is where the tax man gets you.

Yes, smoking is bad for your health, but some people are going to smoke anyway. Some people are hopelessly addicted, they couldn't quit if their life depended on it. Then there's all the chemicals and radioactive elements in commercial tobacco that you could avoid by getting your cigarettes custom made using organic tobacco.

Update November 2016 fixed bad html.

No comments: