Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What do you do with a broken suitcase?

This suitcase is several years old, it has served us faithfully. The body, zipper and handles are all still good, but a couple of what have become de rigueur gadgets have failed. On the last trip the pushbutton release for the pull-along handle broke. Taking the cover off the handle got around that problem, but this trip one of the wheels got broken off. A couple of weeks ago, I could have stuffed it in the trash can, but since two of the kids are away at school, we don't generate that much trash, so I switched to the smaller, cheaper, trash can. Suitcase won't go in, at least not easily. I could haul it to Goodwill. They might take it, but I doubt they want it. I could have it repaired, but it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one. I could abandon it by the side of the road, but that's tacky. I am beginning to think I am going to have to dissect it with a knife in order to get it in the trash can. What a pain.

Update: My wife has put it in the back of her car to hold bags of groceries so they won't tip over while she is driving. She's such a wild driver, ya' know.

No comments: