Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 30, 2009

Trackpass Raceview

I was talking to Brian Schatz of SpoolVideo.com this morning. He's in the video business, so I mentioned my idea for panoramic video recording. He sent me a link to Trackpass Raceview, a NASCAR production, where "... video gaming meets live racing." It's got to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen. I like going to races, but I go for the extreme auditory experience. There is just nothing like hearing a pack of high powered engines rushing by you at full song, especially if you've had a couple of brewskis. I know there are cars and drivers and teams and big crowds, but that don't really signify. NASCAR racing has become a big production with relentless commercialization and hero worship just like all other professional sporting events. But the sound! That is something you can't get anywhere else!


Cars go fast at Talladega

Update March 2016 replaced video embed code.

No comments: