Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Power of O


Called one of my credit cards in an attempt to get a late payment charge dropped from the bill. The phone is answered by one of those Robocop menu systems wanting me to "input your account number" or something. You know, that would be okay, except they are never satisfied with just one thing. Once they get you to comply to their first request, they start making more requests, until they finally get to the end of their script and they run off the end of the page and drop your call. So, no, I don't want to enter my account number, or any other numbers. I want to talk to a person. However, from previous experience I have learned that yelling at Robocop accomplishes nothing, other then straining my vocal cords. So I push 0. Robocop doesn't understand, and restarts its' spiel. So I push 0 again. Robocop still doesn't understand. So I push 0 for a third, and lo! And behold! I get connected to a real person! I'll be durned. Robocop can be beaten!

No comments: