Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Bangkok Dangerous" with Nicolas Cage

We were looking for an action/adventure movie last night so I picked this one up from the local video store. Even though we have cable, I still prefer movies from the local video store. Bigger selection, no ads, no futzing with stupid computer menu systems. And I don't have to plan ahead. I don't know what I am going to do when they close. I still have trouble getting our DVD player to give the disk back. Once you've loaded the disk, pressing the open button just gives you an empty carousel. Last night it only took two button pushes to get the disk back, so maybe I'm learning. Anyway, the movie was just OK. Aging stone cold assassin develops human feelings and chaos ensues. Lots of long lingering looks which I suppose were supposed to convey some meaning, but there really wasn't much there. And what was it with his hair? Don't they have combs in Thailand? Geez, even the bums on the street look better than this. Instead of the car chase they had the hot rod canal boats which reminded me an old James Bond movie (Roger Moore, I think). I really liked the girl from the pharmacy. That's about all I can say for this movie.

No comments: