Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Shoplifting




My wife found one of those theft prevention tags on a new shirt she bought for one of the boys. We were not about to drive 15 miles back to the store just to have them remove this stupid tag, at least not if we could help it. I tried Google, but it didn't really have any good tips.

I finally decided a screwdriver and a hammer would do the trick, and they did. It took three hands. My wife held the device on edge, I held the screwdriver against the seam and applied the hammer. A couple of sharp whacks and it split open. Still had to pry it apart.
Then it was just a matter of pushing the little metal clip to the side, and presto, out came the big ugly tack! I'm including photos to assist anyone else faced with this dilemma, because it seems stores are not really interested in reducing shop lifting, they are only interested in making life more difficult for their customers.
Update December 2016 replaced missing images.

No comments: