Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 29, 2021

Cattle Dogs


Loading Bucking Bulls in the Big Bend Trailer with Satus Jet, Brodey, Bear and Brick
Satusstockdogs

I've seen dogs herding sheep, but I've never seen them herding cattle. Not a lot of cattle in the suburbs. I'm watching this and I'm thinking dogs like this must be a pretty rare commodity. I mean I've never seen them in action. So I go looking for info and all I can find about the dogs is that there are dozens of breeds. Then I realize maybe I should look at the number of cattle. There are nearly 100 million cattle in the US, which may as well be a zillion, so the number of working cattle dogs is also likely to be some astronomical number. Only reason I didn't realize that is because I seldom leave my cave anymore.


2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Collies are incredibly smart and athletic.

AndrewP said...

You need a doggy like that. To herd Gus around.