Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 15, 2021

Ohio Dream

Historic Marcy Store & Diner 
Yeah, kinda like this.

My brother Andy and I are sitting in a small restaurant somewhere in northwestern Ohio. We are there because we are in engaged in moving some family member's  furniture. The walls are knotty pine and the place is busy. A man with two small boys comes and sits down at our table as there is nowhere else to sit. The man has squeezed into the spot between Andy and the wall. Andy and I belatedly realize this and shift our chairs over to give him some more room. The boys are sitting at the opposite side of the table on a wooden booth seat. I am sitting at the end of the table on a chair.

We get to talking and Xenia, Ohio comes up as a point of reference. (There is a Xenia in western Ohio, though it is closer to Dayton than Toledo, which is where I imagined it in my dream.) 

Then the man starts telling us about a recent hunting experience where he shot an impressively large buck (deer). He tells us about the perfect site he found to watch for a deer, how he waits for hours for a deer to show up, how when he zooms in with his telescopic sight the deer's hoof fills his field of view, and when he zooms out, the deer's rack is enormous. Now he's so excited he can hardly stand it. There's another guy with him. He refers to him with a specific word like 'associate' or 'instructor' or something, but it has vanished from my mind. Now the conversation devolves into a mish-mash of impressions, but the general idea is pretty funny. And then I woke up.


2 comments:

AndrewP said...

I’m thinking I should have had the coconut cream pie & decaf.

Chuck Pergiel said...

It's a dream, have the regular caffeinated version.