Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday Lunch Downtown

Met the kids for lunch today at Cheryl's in downtown Portland. Standing outside waiting on everyone to show up I looked around and decided the scene was worth some photos. Brian Micklethwait's posts might have something to do with that.

A pair of brand new buildings

The one on the left has an external fire escape. From where I was standing it looked there was a ladder going straight up on the outside of the fire escape balconies. I don't know why you would need that when you have stairs. But now when I look at the photo, it appears that the ladder rungs are simple dividers in the windows and there is no ladder. Weird.

Construction, Mural and Old Church

The building above the restaurant has some fancy fire escape balconies

Cheryl's dining pods - The Oregonian


Our dining pod

Our pod was one of half a dozen or so in a row, right out in the street. I've noticed this trend in a couple of other trendy areas. I don't like it, I think it's stupid and dangerous.

Bill was a shade over $100 for six people, no alcohol. I got the Portuguese fried rice which seemed to be a specialty. It was fine, but I think next time I'll get an omelette or French toast. 


No comments: