Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Point in Space


New spherical flexure joint designs (compliant mechanisms)
Jelle Rommers

When I first watched this, I didn't understand what was going on. He's got some flexible stuff and it flexs. So what? And then I noticed that the point on the rod wasn't moving. That's a pretty neat trick. Not sure what you could use it for, but then I've been conditioned to think of ball joints as using an actual ball. I'm sure we will soon see applications for this idea.

The video maker will also have a paper published in the Precision Engineering journal in September of 2021. We know this because through the magic of time travel we have access to a copy now.

Via Dennis, who has a penchant for squirrely stuff like this.

No comments: