Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Workshop Dream

Another person and I are on our way somewhere to do something and we need a chain for the chainsaw so we decide to stop at Marc's. In real life Marc lives in a condo, but here in dreamland he has cluster of rough buildings like you would find on a farm. They are in close proximity to each other, so it is kind of like a little village. The ground is level and dark brown, bare earth. Inside the shop I find out that yes, Marc almost certainly has a chain, but I will have to find it. The actual search escapes me. I do find a chain but it needs to be sharpened. No problem, Marc has a sharpener. A young man, one of his minions, digs up a device that looks like a water tank for a coffee maker. I am thinking this is just part of the sharpener, but no, it is in fact the whole thing. He turns on the sharpener and it is louder than heck, like a big angle grinder cutting through an iron bar. I ask for headphones and while we are looking for them, the minion starts waxing rhapsodically about how great it's going to be when they get the new technological whiz bang installed and we will be able to get music through headphones anywhere in the shop.


No comments: