Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, March 18, 2022

Candle Timer

Candle Timer

The basement bathroom has an exhaust fan. It works, but it's a cheap fan and as such it's noisy, so noisy that the boss gave me a candle to use instead of the fan. The nice thing about the fan is that it's on a timer so it shuts off when the time has run out. The candle doesn't do that and so sometimes I will forget about it, several hours will go by and the entire basement ends up smelling like patchouli or peaches or something perfumy, which is mildly annoying, but worse it means a candle that might have lasted for a year will need to be replaced in a couple of weeks, which is wasteful, and waste is a sin, and sin is an affront to god, etc., etc. So I looked around for a candle that shuts itself off after a bit, and low and behold, I found one on Etsy. It costs $70 which is kind of steep for a gee-gaw, I mean you could buy ten years worth of candles with that kind of money, so I doubt I will be buying one. But it's still a cool device.


No comments: