Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Catharsis


Sudden Series Finale: "Our House Is Filled With Poop" Gingerbread Extravaganza
TechnoChic

These people are a little crazy and / or a little silly. All this obsessing over colors and details is just, I dunno, strange? When you walk into a house you get an impression of the place. It might be cool or warm, garish or subdued, but most places are pretty neutral, probably because that is what gets the least resistance from most people who are shopping for a house. But when you go to visit people, it is more about how you are treated that matters. You visit someone who lives in a fabulous place but treats you coldly, you are not going to inclined to go back. You visit someone who lives in a hovel who treats you warmly, you will be glad to return and visit them again.

I suppose this obsessing over color and style of a building's interior is very similar to the way some people obsess over clothes. I suppose I could fall into that kind of thinking except for the fact that indulging those obsessions cost money and I'm kind of a cheapskate. Spending less means I don't have to work as much, which means I don't have to deal cooperatively with as many people. I can just sit here at my desk and rant about how the people who are out there dealing with people are big fat idiots and are ruining everything.

And, oh yeah, remodeling sucks. Everytime you open up something you find some kind of bullshit that needs to be replaced and so, what starts as a simple renovation, balloons into a full blown military campaign to vanquish the heathen. If you want a well built house, build a new one. Old places are just frigging disasters waiting to collapse on your head. So I fully sympathize with their destruction of their gingerbread palace.

Via Make:

No comments: