Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, March 18, 2022

Social Engineering for Destruction

Michigan High School Reading Proficiency

The Scratching Post is talking about the sad condition of poor black Americans and how all the social engineering programs in the last 60 years have aggravated their situation rather than improving it. If I recall correctly, K T Cat (the author) is Catholic and his post certainly has a Catholic slant. I'm not a big fan of the Catholic church, but I agree with most of their basic principles. 

The more I read about what the Federal government has been doing for the last century, the more I am appalled. The big problem for me is that I don't know what can be done about it. Our country is rich enough that several warlords have been able to establish their own fiefdoms within our country. Oh, they aren't really old timey warlords with swords and shit, they are billionaires with all the clout that money can buy. I can't fault them for throwing their weight around. If you want something done you can't depend on the Feds to take care of it, you are much better off taking care of it yourself.

Problem is that if you haven't been taken up by one of one of these warlords, you are pretty much out in the cold. One of these days it is entirely possible that some demagog is going to gather all the deplorables into a cohesive force and we will have a real life coup and civil war. Or we will have another holocaust. I don't think either of those events are very likely. More likely is that the situation will continue to deteriorate, big cities will become war zones for the drug cartels. The suburbs will be populated by wage slaves loyal to their local virtual warlord, and the countryside outside of the cities will be populated by religious redneck preppers.

About the graph. I looked for the original but I could not find it. The closest thing I found is this one:

Percentage of students at or above the Proficient level in 2013

It took me a while to figure out what the bottom two bars are telling us. We are still looking at the student's reading proficiency, but we are grouping them by their parent's education level.

No comments: