Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

DMOZ

DMOZ is an acronym for Directory Mozilla,
also known as the Open Directory Project

How is it that I had not heard of DMOZ before? I just stumbled over it while looking for info about mainframe emulators, which might tell you something. In any case, I seem to have opened a can of worms. DMOZ is the current name for the Open Directory Project (ODP) which is a directory of the internet. Ambitious, to say the least. It's kind of like Wikipedia in that it is compiled by a global community of volunteer editors. I've added a DMOZ search box to my sidebar. No, Pergelator isn't listed, but I wouldn't expect it to be, being as I might be a little hard to classify.

Why is DMOZ using that wimpy little logo? I mean if you are going to use a dinosaur, use a DINOSAUR.

No comments: