Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Oberndorf, Part 2


The Mauser Train: High Adventure in the Last Days of WWII
Forgotten Weapons

Ian has an interesting tale about the Mauser factory in Oberndorf during the last days of WW2. I start listening to Ian and I'm thinking this sounds familiar, so I check my blog and sure enough, I did another post about the town of Oberndorf and the Mauser factory.

The Mauser Train

The evacuation starts in Oberndorf, which is the A placemark at the top. Ravensburg is the A placemark farther south. The destination is Ötztal Bahnhof at placemark B.

The blue line is Google's driving route.  I don't know how close it is to the 1945 rail line, but there aren't too many routes through the mountains, so it's probably a fair approximation.

No comments: