Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Confusion


Genesis - Land of Confusion (Official Music Video)
Genesis
I think that sometimes we get confused. We confuse all the blather that comes to us via the electronic media with what is really going on in the world. According to my sophisticated guesstimating, about half of the people in America are in the work force and the vast majority of them are engaged in doing productive work, growing food, making things, delivering things. The stuff that the chattering classes talk about (and yes, bloggers are part of the chattering class, including me) is the weird shit that happens, the freak occurrences, the statistical outliers, the 'did you hear what so-and-so said about dog butts' crap. 

The world of business grinds on relentlessly, regardless of what the twitter-sphere is outraged about.

I should embellish this thought, but I'm old and tired and my wife has been running me ragged for the last couple of days, so that's all you get. You're going to have to embellish it yourself.

'Confusion' seemed an apt title for this post, which triggered my memory of this tune by Genesis. I totally remember the song, but I just vaguely remembered the video. That's not too surprising since it seems to be a confused jumble without much of a story line. Land of Confusion came out in 1986. Ronald Reagan (and Nancy, the old people puppets in the video) was President from 1981 to 1989.


No comments: