Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, July 3, 2021

French Trucks

Cool Truck in Vatry France

A photo of a 747 air freighter on the ground at Châlons Vatry Airport got me started as I had never heard of this place. Turns out it is not that exotic, it's about 100 miles east of Paris. I go poking around in Google's StreetView just to see if anything weird of interesting turns up. Didn't find anything, it's just a little farming community, and then I turn a corner and boom! There's this six wheel (or is it eight wheel?) truck staring at me, so I just gotta share.

The town is about 4 miles northeast of the airport. The airport got started in 1950 as the Cold War was getting started. It became a civilian airport in 2000. Passenger traffic was non-existent until 2010 when it started picking up, possibly because it's only 65 miles from Disneyland Paris.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that familiar with French trucks but could it be an Escher?

Chuck Pergiel said...

Good morning! An Escher! Ha! I got a good laugh out of that.