Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 15, 2023

Carpet

There is a small room in the basement under our house, the pump room, that holds a sump pump and a trash pump. The space under the stairs adjoins it. That space is good for storing stuff you might need one-of-these-days. Since you have to go through the storage room to get to the pump room and then go around the corner to get to that space, it's easy to forget about it. My wife and I did talk about it briefly last week.

When we built the house, there were some pieces of flooring left over that we stashed there just in case the flooring ever got damaged and we had to repair it. Ten or twenty years ago we got the house recarpeted and we did the same thing over again. Now we're remodeling which mean changing out the floor coverings again. Yesterday the trash truck was here to pick up the remodeling debris and my wife got the bright idea that we should haul all of that old carpet out of the hidey-hole and add it to the trash pile. It was more work than I've done in a while and it pretty much wiped me out. I don't know whether it's because I am old of because I became debilitated from having a bum leg for the last year (or two?). Whatever, we got it done so now I have more space put stuff. Yay.


No comments: