Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Sunlight

Sunlight coming through the leaves

I was sitting outside during the late afternoon and I saw a spectacle. Light from the sun was shining through a hole in the leaves of the trees and it formed a starburst of a multitude of thin rays of light emanating from the center. I tried to capture it with the camera but didn't quite. If you embiggenate the image, you can kind of see some of the effect near the center, but what I was seeing extended out so far that it would have filled the whole frame. It might be the shortcomings of the camera, or it might have been a trick of the eye. In any case it was pretty cool.

The hole in the leaves must have been pretty small because I could look right at it with my unshielded eyes. I probably avoided focusing on the center, but I could see it and it didn't produce any after effects.


2 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

You're lucky, very few people get a chance to witness that and probably most don't stop and think long enough to realize what they are seeing.

Liz Hinds said...

I did an afternoon photography lesson and was showed how best to create those images. You had to lengthen something or maybe shorten it. Which is why I can't do it now. Nice photo.