Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Verde Cocina

Verde Cocina

We had an early dinner at Verde Cocina with our daughter last night. As the above photo shows, it's a real brick-and-mortar restaurant. 

Verde Cocina Streetside Seating

We sat outside in their street-side booths. There has been a proliferation of these things since the pandemic and they appear to be becoming permanent. It's a low traffic, low speed street, so sitting there inches away from certain death was comfortable enough, as long as you don't think about all the yahoos running around in cars. There was only one hot-rodder revving his engine and squealing his tires while we were there. If you ask me, I think these street-side booths are a really terrible idea, they're dangerous and they consume parking spaces. They look to be part of Portland's war on the automobile. Isn't that wonderful.

Might be the last time we get to enjoy eating outdoors for a while. Cold weather and rain are liable to start any day now and then there won't be any dining outside till next spring. 

Añejo Old Fashioned

'Cold' weather is coming so I am on the verge of switching from beer to bourbon, but I wanted something with a little extra flavor. I had a Manhattan at Stanford's last week, but it was a bit too sweet. Last night I thought I'd try an Old Fashioned, and lo and behold, they have one. So, made with tequila instead of bourbon, and Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, which gave it a little tang. It was excellent.

Jicama Sticks

Devil daughter ordered an appetizer of Jicama Sticks. They don't taste like much, but they are crunchy, kind of like water chestnuts. There was a sprinkling of chili powder, so there was a bit of a tang. Daughter doesn't trust water chestnuts. "I mean" she says, "are they even chestnuts?" I have to agree, the only place I have seen them is in a can or on a plate of Chinese food from a restaurant.

My wife and I shared a surf & turf platter and it was perfecto. 

P. S. avif file format is becoming more popular for images. Blogger can't handle it. There are online converters available and they seem to work.

1 comment:

Ole Phat Stu said...

You spelled it wrongly. It is Cocina, not Concina.