Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 18, 2023

Sports

Most Valuable Professional Sports Teams

Unlike my wife, I am not a big sports fan. I can watch a bit of professional basketball and college football, because that's what she watches, but if the competition isn't close I soon lose interest. I find the ads during football games more interesting, probably because we're starting a new season with a new bunch of ads. I do not understand the attraction. Well, I sort of do, we are basically pack hunting animals and sports are a civilized way of channeling those instincts into something harmless but entertaining. There have been occasions when I have gotten swept up in the excitement, but there haven't been many and they don't last long.

Somebody told me about a friend of a friend, a blue collar worker, spent $21,000 for Super Bowl tickets one year. I cannot fathom making such a purchase. 70,000 seats at $8K a piece is half a billion dollars, and that's only for one game. What an empire.


No comments: