Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Tina – The Tina Turner Musical | West End trailer


We went to see Tina at Keller Auditorium last night, and there was something very wrong. I don't know if it was me or whether the sound director was asleep at the wheel, but the sound was awful. I mean, it's probably me. I'm old and my hearing is not that sharp, and a big production company that's putting on this show would certainly have people who know how to deliver the sound they want, so it must be me. But good lord almighty, why did it sound so bad?

At times the sound was normal, but anytime they got into full song (which was most of the time) it was like somebody had turned up the volume to 11 and the loudspeakers were being overdriven. It was like a big blare of noise.

I enjoy listening to pop and rock music at home, so I am not completely clueless, but I usually listen at much lower volumes.

What is going on? We were sitting in the box seats which are like the first balcony above the main floor, if that makes any difference.

Anyway, here's one of her hits. It doesn't sound anything like it did in the show last night.


Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It (Official Music Video)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I prefer my Chromebook music. I can adjust volume to my taste and if the dog is barking I use my headphones.

Anonymous said...

And if I want to understand the lyrics…we’ll there is that too.