![]() |
| Katana Drone |
Defence Blog reports:
Katana carried a 112 pound payload aboard a 29 pound airframe, producing an official payload-to-aircraft-weight ratio of 3.84 to 1, Avidrone said. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency had set a 4-to-1 ratio as the goal when it opened the competition in November 2025, a mark no existing heavy-lift drone had reached and one no team in the competition managed to hit. Avidrone’s result was the closest.
This might explain why helicopters with tail rotors are the most common helicopter configuration.


2 comments:
I should have known. Why, of course. After all, its DARPA
Its just that I never thought about it
One with whom I am very familiar has been engaged in the same project Parallel projects, you could say.
That begs the question, How many others have been doing the same?
The main diffference is they are not yet known to the feds.
Post a Comment