 |
| King's College Chapel |
I came across this last image and it just hit me hard. How dedicated a society must be in order to organize, fund and construct such an magnificent edifice. I suppose it helped that
everyone belonged to the same church and everyone went to church on Sunday.
Google Earth (first image) has become a real pain to use. You can still rotate the view, but the center of rotation is six feet in back of the viewer so you turn the image a couple of degrees and then slide it back and then repeat a zillion times and you can finally get the view you want. There is probably a better way, but it's too early to be learning new tricks.
Wikipedia
2 comments:
A novel I had read more than a decade ago. I normally do not read fiction novels, but a friend insisted.
The time was in England, before King Arthur. It was the time of castles being built. The author went into great detail of who did what, how they were taught, the logistics and security, the rise of the guilds, and the rise of those glorious spires.
There were even footnotes in the back pages. A novel with factual references.
Could it have been "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett? https://pergelator.blogspot.com/2017/10/history.html
Post a Comment