Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

How bad is a $3,000 Cadillac Escalade?


I Bought a Cheap Cadillac Escalade at Auction and Found a GOLD MINE inside the Engine!
Samcrac

If you're lucky, persistent, mechanically savvy, physically flexible, and able to dextrously manipulate strange devices into awkward places blindly, not too bad. The worse part for me was replacing the oil pressure sensor. On the back of the engine, back by the firewall, completely invisible? No, just no. Dynamite the effing car, or pull the body off the frame, or take a chainsaw to the dashboard and cut a hole in the firewall. And just to show you that Samcrac is a better man than you or I will ever be, he pulls out out the new sensor and plugs in an analog gauge. Why not just run a scan tool? You've already in the land of demons, why not go all in?

I also wonder about pulling the cam to check the bearings. You already checked the crank and it's good, and it's certainly more important than the cam. He had to do a whole lot more work to get the cam out. Of course, it might be that he had to pull the intake manifold to change the oil pump. I mean, I wouldn't doubt it. And yes, he's planning on hot-rodding the motor, so he's going to be doing this all over again at least once. And that will probably be the end of this motor and this car.

Samcrac has appeared here before. A little Samcrac goes a long way. I got my fix, I'm happy.

No comments: