Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 29, 2010

Static

We were listening to John's iPod this morning on the way to school. Because of the constant background static I thought the tunes sounded an awful lot like A Place To Bury Strangers, but then I heard this tune, and the vocals sounded an awful lot like the Beach Boys. Turns out the tunes are from 25 years ago by a band called Jesus & Mary Chain.



Found this quote when I looked them up on Google:
Sounding like a collision between the 1965 Beach Boys' tour bus and a truckload of malfunctioning vacuum cleaners, the Jesus and Mary Chain found something new to do with the old rock & roll verities. - Amazon.com
So I'm not the only one who thinks they sound like the Beach Boys. As far as the static goes, I kinda suspect that it contains more frequencies, so stimulates your ears more.

No comments: