Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Fun in Miami

Tam mentions the 'Miami gunfight era', which triggers my rathole diving reflex and I come up with a couple of items. Scarface came out in 1983. I didn't realize it was almost a documentary.

The Mutiny Hotel is the pinkish building on the right.
The taller tower on the left is where our condo was.

The Mutiny Hotel in Miami was a focal point of the drug trafficking industry back around 1980. Looking at the the Mutiny Hotel  on Google Maps I realized that daring daughter and I rented a condo around the corner when we were in Miami three years ago.

The picture is a screen capture from Google Earth. This area on Google Maps is littered with so many labels that the placemark for the hotel is almost invisible. Regular Google Maps used to have a control that would turn off labels, but not anymore. 


No comments: