Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 6, 2020

The 50 most powerful companies in America


Revenue Per Employee

I'm thinking that our country is run by those with the most power, and those with the most power are the guys running the big companies. The government has a great deal of power, but it is hamstrung by politics. It takes a massive push by forces outside the government to get anything moving, and those forces these days come more and more from large companies.

So I went looking for a list of powerful companies and I found this article on Business Insider from five years ago. They had a list of 50 companies along with their annual revenue, their number of employees and their Klout Score, whatever that is. I took those numbers and put them in a spreadsheet, but it didn't really tell me very much. Just for grins I calculated the revenue per employee and got the above chart.

A high revenue per employee might mean larger profit, but you also have to take expenses into account, and those numbers were not included. Still, I thought it was kind of interesting.

No comments: