Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Text R Us, Part 2

Evil Bankers

This meme got my attention and I wondered just who these obviously evil SOB's were, so I Googled and found a couple of interesting things, much more interesting than who these old, dead, white guys were.

First is that the entire Congressional Record going back to 1873 has been digitized. My search turned up this page and it looks like it is just a photographic image of an old document, but it's not. The text can searched and even copied as text. The whole thing makes for some fascinating reading.

Going back to the evil bankers, the relevant section begins near the bottom of the left hand column on the second page. Search for 'PROPOSED CURRENCY'. Searching for 'PROPOSED CURRENCY LEGISLATION' fails. I don't know why.

Second page of interest is this timeline about money changers. While it is here now, it is hosted on Google sites, which has gone away, so I don't know how long it will be around, or where it has moved. I tried downloading the page, but every entry is on its own page, so capturing it all would be a lot of work. Reading the first few entries might convince you that the 'money changers' have killed off Google Sites just so this page would go away.


No comments: