Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

3D Measurement


FaroArm Precision Gearing Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
Horsburgh & Scott

I'm watching a video of some big CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine tools in action, one of those 'satisfying to watch' videos, and this clip shows up. I've never seen a measuring device like this before so I was intrigued.

At the 1:38 mark, the EDGE logo appears, so I look around and turn up Edge Technology Products, but they don't make anything like this. Took a screen shot and then asked Google to find it and it pointed me to this video.

At the 36 second mark, the FARO logo appears on a toolchest. If I hadn't dismissed it as unrelated, it might have got me the answer as well. FARO is big in 3D measurement. They make devices for all kinds of situations.

No comments: