Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Security / password problems

I've been running into password problems over the last few months. First, the Chrome browser forgot all my passwords. Then I got an email attempting to squeeze me for some money. I ignored it except it bothered me that he had my favorite password, the one I had been using for all those media sites that require a login. Lastly, Google required a new password.

I'm using the Linux Mint Operating System and I haven't had any trouble with viruses or security for years, so this was a little disturbing. Turns out the Vimeo downloader extension may have been the cause. Google automagically reached out and disabled it in my browser a couple of days ago.

No comments: