Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

Something else I came across this afternoon while I was looking for a job: this article by Naomi Wolf. Here is one paragraph.

"As Americans turn away quite leisurely, keeping tuned to internet shopping and American Idol, the foundations of democracy are being fatally corroded. Something has changed profoundly that weakens us unprecedentedly: our democratic traditions, independent judiciary and free press do their work today in a context in which we are "at war" in a "long war" - a war without end, on a battlefield described as the globe, in a context that gives the president - without US citizens realising it yet - the power over US citizens of freedom or long solitary incarceration, on his say-so alone."
This article is a year old. I just checked the news and she seems to still be out and about, so "they" haven't silenced her yet. I have seen some other articles by her and I generally like what she says, especially since it at least partially agrees with my great conspiracy theory.

No comments: