Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Size problems when posting comic GIF's

I have not been using GIF file format for posting photos in my blog because they often seem to confuse blogger. They post okay the first time, but if you want to go back and edit the post, you can't because nothing shows up in the edit box. I don't know if that is still a problem or not, but it's why I quit using them. Now if there is a GIF I want to post I will download it and convert it to JPEG using MSPAINT. Up till now that has worked fine.

Now I want to post a cartoon. It is in GIF format so I go through the rigamarole of converting it, but now when I post it, it's too small. So I edit the html and add "width=600", which makes it bigger, but now it's all jaggy. I poke around in Picasa and they have links for embedded pictures that I have uploaded (which is where my converted comic is now) and the sizes are all preselected, and none of them are 600. They have thumbnail, 200, 400 and 800.

Finally I try importing the picture directly from the web site and that seems to work. I still have to edit the HTML to get the right size. Maybe the problem with GIF's has gone away.

I posted this problem on the blogger help forum, but who knows if anyone will see it there.

No comments: