Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 8, 2008

Money Press


This is one of those really dumb ideas that will probably make someone a bunch of money someday: a press for ironing your money. I think I got the idea from watching ads for the TV show Monk, combined with my habit of going through the bills in my wallet to see how much money I have.

Go to three or four stores and spend a few bucks at each one and, presto, my previously well organized stack of cash is reduced to a crumpled wad of bills. So every so often, I will sit down and pull all the bills out, straighten out the edges, flatten them out, arrange them in order and count. Sometimes I am more fastidious than others, but badly crumpled bills interfere with orderly counting, and I do like order, so I take the time to smooth them out.


And then there is the story I read somewhere about how ironing dollar bills will restore some of their original flatness. Well, I am not going to get out the iron and ironing board and plug it in and wait for it to heat up just to flatten out some bills that will be gone within a week. But! If I had a little desktop ghee-gaw that ironed the bills for me, I might just use it. Geez, the kind of stuff that goes through my brain.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: