Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Harvest Moon or Great Pumpkin?


Harvest Moon
Last night we had full moon. It was very orange when it was just above the horizon, and all the "scientific" explanations seem to agree that is normal. But when it got higher in the sky, it was still orange. Maybe not as orange as the orange sitting on your kitchen counter, but still plenty orange, not the usual pale white. So I scanned the news this morning and found no mention of it. Is the CIA spraying agent orange (yuk, yuk) over my neighborhood? Was nobody else looking at the sky last night? Maybe Linus was right and there really is a great pumpkin.

Update December 2016 replaced missing image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

White here.
You got air pollution?
High atmospheric pressure?
Tinted specs?

Chuck Pergiel said...

I don't know what the deal is. When I didn't find anything on the net, I began to have my doubts, so I looked at it again last night. At first it looked slightly orange, but then it looked like maybe it was kind of yellow. The more I looked, the paler it got, so maybe it was white. I did notice that the street lights here give off sort of an orange glow, so I am wondering if that could have affected my vision. Sort of an after-image kind of thing.