Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hoo Boy.


Got back late last night from a weekend trip to San Francisco for my brother Dan's wedding. 1300 miles round trip, eleven hours door-to-door each way. Stayed at the SW (Sam Wong) Hotel on the corner of Broadway and Columbus, or to give you a better idea of the locale, at the collision of Chinatown, Northbeach sleaze and Little Italy. A dozen people from our side of the family showed up at the banquet Sunday evening, including my cousin Linda who flew all the way from Boston. The bride brought about a hundred of her closest relatives, nearly all Chinese.

This was at the end of a week that included my wife coming down with pneumonia, several trips to the doctor, several trips to the pharmacy, numerous phone calls concerning the pending weekend escapade, numerous phone calls from employment agencies, and a couple of phone interviews from a prospective employer. I was fried when I got home last night. I deliberately did very little today and now I am beginning to feel more human and less zombie like.

Cousin Linda claims that I met her once a long time ago, but I have no recollection of said event, so for me this was a first time meeting. Saw my cousin Peter again. Haven't seen him since I don't know when. Cousin John was also there, but shoot, I just saw him last week, or was it two weeks ago? I wonder how many cousins I have? Two aged aunts, two brothers, two girlfriends and three kids rounded out our battalion.

I finally finished reading a book I started a month or two ago. That's what happens when you get cut off from electronica. Had about 50 pages left when I got home. Had to force myself to sit down and finish it, otherwise I would have been sucked into the insatiable internet vortex and I never would have finished it. Heck of a good book, too. Curious the way the mind works, isn't it?

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what book was it?

Chuck Pergiel said...

"To Serve Them All My Days" by R.F. Delderfield.